As we all play in an industry that is directly linked to the health of the locales that we enjoy it is only fitting that we do everything we can to ensure that our work does not add
to the burden already carried by the environment. In this light we have developed CORE to be as environmentally conscious as possible.
Every choice made in the design, development, material choice and our location are all dictated in some capacity by our desire to lessen our impact on the world around us. Kayaking is a entirely consumption based actiity but there are many ways that we as an industry can improve our footprint.
At CORE we have implemented an environmental policy that has resulted in the following benefits :
- prototype tooling all designed and cut in house to save transport and travel
- all injection mold tooling designed and cut locally to save shipping from off shore suppliers
- all input parts used in CORE Paddles is North American based / there is no off shore content in any product we manufacture
- all input materials used in CORE Paddles is North American sourced ( plastics, epoxy resins, glass fiber, carbon fiber, etc. )
- all materials in every CORE Paddle ( except composite blades ) are fully 100% recyclable
- all materials produced in trim operations are fully recovered and recycled
- Easton is fully ISO 14000 environmental certified for all production / everything manufactured by Easton is done so sustainably
- Easton's anodizing process is fully closed loop / the production water coming out of the plant is cleaner than that going in
- all injection molding is done at facilities within a 30 minute radius of our production plant / saving transport
In fact we are so dedicated to the above that we are the only paddle producer in the world to implement a green sale policy.
End of Life Material Recovery Program
Every CORE Paddle purchased comes with a 10% off coupon that can be used towards any CORE Product in the future. The only catch is that the original paddle must be returned to a CORE Dealer, Core Distributor or CORE Paddles Inc. at the end of it's useful life. We make a bombproof product but everything at some point wears out. We
want to make sure that the exhausted carcass of a CORE product does not end up in a landfill somewhere or gathering dust in a garage never to be used again.
Every paddle returned will be shipped back to CORE ( at our expense ) where it will be dissassembled and it's component pieces sent for recycling. Some of the materials will be recycled into new CORE products but most will go towards material recovery to be used in other industries.
This will be an open policy for anyone returning a CORE product for recycling. Just ask your retailer of choice to note the return towards the discount on any new CORE product. Beat the hell out of your paddle but rest assured that the end value will always be there. No catches. No fine print. Keep the discount for yourself or give it to a buddy. No conditions.
We can offer this policy because we designed the paddles from the start to be sustainable. Focusing on materials that not only better the performance of the end product but also allow us as a company to confidently offer a product that will last longer and have an even smaller long term impact when it's life is over.
To our competitors we offer a challenge to do similar.
President / Chief of Design
CORE Paddles Inc.